Wednesday, November 17, 2010

THE BUCK STOPS HERE!!!

The first decision for success:

The buck stops here...
"From this moment forward, I will accept responsibility for my past. I understand that the beginning of wisdom is to accept the responsibility for my own problems and that by accepting responsibility for my past, I free myself to move into a bigger, brighter future of my own choosing."

Now I have been saying this for years, as I hear someone blame their parents or the environment they grew up in or an event in their life that left them feeling victimized, you have a choice, ALWAYS, to accept that as your lot in life or choose to be happy, choose to be alive, choose to not be a victim, be a victor!
I did not grow up in an ideal situation and I have 2 brothers and 1 sister, but it is amazing to see how differently we have survived our childhood, all in their very different way. 2 of my siblings literally became victims of the 17-18 years of childhood and its like the other 30 years of their life have no merit, they are stuck in a vicious cycle of blame for what they have become and I wish they would hear me when I tell them it is not too late to become something/someone else, become happy, its a choice.

"Never again will I blame my parents, my spouse, my boss, or other employees for my present situation. Neither my education or lack of one, my genetics, or the circumstantial ebb and flow of everyday life will affect my future in a negative way. If I allow myself to blame these uncontrollable forces for my lack of success, I will be forever caught in a web of the past. I will look forward, I will not let my history control my destiny."

THE BUCK STOPS HERE. I ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR MY PAST. I AM RESPONSIBLE FOR MY SUCCESS!

Everytime you feel the inclination to make an excuse for your lack of success, STOP, there is no excuses, only correct thinking and correct actions, if you have not been taking the correct actions to be successful, start today. Outline what it will take, make the decision to do whatever it takes and press on.

More on this subject tomorrow, but please feel free to comment or add to this thought.

Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment