Thursday, November 18, 2010

THE BUCK STOPS HERE PART 2

More from "The Traveler's Gift" by Andy Andrews.

"I am where I am today-Mentally, physically, spiritually, emotionally, and financially--because of the decisions I have made. My decisions have always been governed by my thinking. Therefore, I am where I am today--mentally, spiritually, emotionally, and financially--because of how I think. Today I will begin the process of changing where I am--mentally, physically, spiritually, emotionally, and financially--by changing the way I think."

Well if that doesn't just put the monkey right back on you, I don't know what does!
So when we say "The buck stops here" this is what it looks like.....WOW!
Every choice we make, every decision, EVERY THOUGHT...has a reaction in our lives.

Yet we act like this is new information, it is not, repeatedly in the Bible this was taught.

  • Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely,
     whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or admirable think about such things.--Phil. 4:8

    • For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he:Proverbs 23:7.

    • 2 Corinthians 10:5Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;”
    "When faced with the opportunity to make a decision, I will make one. I understand that God did not put in me the ability to always make right decisions. He did, however, put in me the ability to make a decision and then make it right.
    The rise and fall of emotional tide will not deter me from my course. When I make a decision, I will stand behind it. My energy will go into making the decision. I will not waste time on second thoughts. My life will not be an apology. It will be a statement."

    THE BUCK STOPS HERE. I CONTROL MY THOUGHTS. I CONTROL MY EMOTIONS.

    How powerful it that? think about it, your life should be a statement, not an apology, so in the future when you are tempted to say "why me?" immediately counter with...
    "WHY NOT ME?"
    "Challenges are gifts, opportunities to learn.Problems are the common thread running through the lives of great men and women. In times of adversity, I will not have a problem to deal with; I will have a choice to make. My thoughts will be clear. I will make the right choice.
    Adversity is preparation for greatness. I will accept this preparation. Why me? Why not me? I will prepare for something great.
    I accept responsibility for my past. I control my thoughts. I control my emotions. I am responsible for my success.
    The buck stops here."

    In a society that loves to enable and encourage victims, this thought process is way outside the box, you will really have to take ownership of this way of thinking, because even your friends will make excuses and blame circumstances for your failures and challenges.

    I was reading an article in "Success" magazine last night that was written by Suze Orman.
    She tells of an encounter with a boutique owner where she shops at frequently, and the owner told Suze that she was opening a second  store. After more conversation with the owner, Suze discovered that she was very unsure of opening the second store but felt like she had put the wheels in motion and was unsure of how to stop, her family was not behind her expansion and in all reality neither was she.
    Now she could have done several things at this point.
    1. Open the store and blame the realtor who suggested expansion when/if it did not succeed
    2. Open the store and blame the economy when/if it did not succeed
    3. Open the store and blame her family for not stopping her when/if it did not succeed
    4. Not open a second store until she felt at peace with the decision and take ownership of her decisions.
    She stuck with her gut and is currently maintaining a healthy boutique in a down economy and she is saying...

    I accept responsibility for my past. I control my thoughts. I control my emotions. I am responsible for my success.
    The buck stops here."

    Have a great day and remember to leave a comment, I would love some feedback.
    Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment